Vegan Creamy Basil Salad Dressing
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves Or about 6-10 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 teaspoon salt Or to taste. See note.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- I used about 2 teaspoons of salt for this recipe, and the dressing was quite salty. This was perfect for me, because I tend to use very little dressing on my salad. If you like to drench your salad in dressing, you might want to use only 1 teaspoon of salt for this recipe. Enjoy!
- If you don't have a high-speed blender, no problem! If you soak your cashews in hot water for 3-4 hours before making this recipe, you can use almost any blender with good results for this recipe.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg