Southwest Blackbean Salad
Simple and delicious blackbean salad with tangy lime and avocado
Servings: 5 people
- 15 ounces cooked black beans (or 1 can)
- 15 ounces cooked corn (or 1 can)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup seeded and diced tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (approximately juice of 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 avocado chopped (optional)
Rinse and drain cooked black beans and corn, and place in medium mixing bowl.
Add bell pepper, tomato, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and garlic powder to bowl, and gently fold all ingredients together until well incorporated.
If desired, peel and dice 1 avocado, and gently fold into salad.
Serve at room temperature or chilled, with tortilla chips!
This salad is best served the day it is prepared. However, it can keep for 24 hours, if refrigerated in an airtight container.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 847mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1570IU | Vitamin C: 54.3mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2.6mg