Vegan Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Easy and delicious vegan mashed potatoes are perfectly garlicky and melt in your mouth.
Servings: 6 servings
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes makes about 10 cups chopped
- 1/2 cup potato cooking water
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter plus more for topping if desired
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese We used Tofutti brand, but other varieties should work too
- 2 teaspoon salt or to taste
Bring 12 cups water to boil in large pot.
While water is heating, wash, peel, and chop 5 lbs potatoes into 1.5-2 inch chunks.
Place potato chunks into boiling water and simmer on medium-high heat for about 12 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and easily break apart.
Remove 1/2 cup of potato cooking water and set aside.
Drain all water off of potatoes in strainer and return potatoes to original pot.
Place garlic and hot potato cooking water in pot with potatoes and mash with potato masher until well combined.
Add remaining ingredients--vegan butter, vegan cream cheese, and salt--and taste for salt preference before serving.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 875mg | Potassium: 1582mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3.4mg