Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time20 mins
griddle or frying pan
- 3 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate or 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk I used the sweetened variety, but unsweetened works too.
- 2 tablespoons cane juice crystals or other granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder or use 2-1/4 teaspoon regular baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or thawed frozen
In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted margarine, orange juice concentrate, vanilla, almond milk, and sugar. Turn on your stove or griddle to medium/medium-high heat. Now, add remaining dry ingredients (salt, flour, cornstarch, and baking powder) and whisk together until a smooth batter develops.
Spray pan or griddle with cooking spray, then measure 1/4 cup sized portions of batter on to pan or griddle.
Carefully drop 6-8 blueberries on to each batter portion, just after you have poured it on to the griddle. Flip pancake when the edges are starting to look a little dry and the inner 1/3 portion of batter is slightly bubbling. I found that my pancakes were ready to flip about 15 seconds after I finished pushing the blueberries in.
When both sides of pancakes are golden, transfer them to a plate to serve or cover with a kitchen towel to keep them warm.
Serve hot with maple syrup and more blueberries, if desired.
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 134IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg