Vegan Fluffy Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
Vegan whole wheat banana pancakes that are easy, pillowy, and will leave you asking for more.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar or cane juice crystals
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine melted
- 1.5 tablespoon ground flax meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 2 cups almond milk or other non-dairy milk of your choice
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or 1 cup all purpose flour + 1 cup whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder I used Rumford brand.
- cooking spray or oil of your choice
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, sugar, orange juice concentrate, vegan margarine, flax meal, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and almond milk.
In separate smaller bowl, stir whole wheat flour and baking powder until combined. (Or, if you're lazy like me, just dump the flour and baking powder into the first mixing bowl, and save yourself the time of washing a second bowl.)
Combine/whisk wet and dry ingredients together until well incorporated.
Heat your griddle or non-stick skillet to medium/medium-low heat, and spray with cooking spray.
Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle or skillet and wait until small bubbles begin to appear on the surface/sides of batter. Flip pancake and cook for another 60 to 90 seconds on the other side. You may need to adjust your stove-top temperature a little bit to achieve a perfectly cooked pancake.
Serve hot with vegan margarine or peanut butter, warm maple syrup, and sliced bananas.
Store leftovers in an airtight container or freezer bag in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months. (Microwave, fry, or toast to reheat).
**This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 257mg | Potassium: 259mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 3.4mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 0.9mg