Vegan Tofu Egg Salad Sandwiches
A delicious vegan alternative to egg salad that tastes great in a sandwich, or as a dip for vegetables and crackers.
- 1 block extra firm tofu (about 16 oz)
- 2/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish I used Pa's Pickle Relish, which is a vinegar-free variety
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan black salt or sea salt, if you don't have black salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Drain water off block of tofu. No need to press.
In a bowl, mash tofu until crumbly.
Add remainder of ingredients, and stir until well-combined.
Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours. This allows the flavors to blend properly and for the turmeric to brighten this salad into a beautiful light yellow color resembling egg salad.
Spread on slices of bread with your choice of veggies for a delicious sandwich, or use as a dip for vegetables or crackers.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 775mg | Potassium: 130mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1.1mg