Hello Friends :)
Today has been a good day–bright, cheery, and warm(ish). The fall colors are incredible, and the clean, crisp air, fantastic. Unfortunately, though, my heart has not been as joyous. Why? Who knows? Could it be my 5-month postpartum hormones (or lack thereof)? Too much sleep? Too little sleep? Not enough exercise?
For whatever reason, my soul needed some sunshine today, and this (meaning, below) is my soul sunning exercise. It really is quite simple, and only takes a minute. Try it with me, will you?
All you have to do is write down 10 things/people/ideas/places that you are thankful for. Ready? Set? Go.
- My God who loves me unconditionally
- My patient and caring husband
- A healthy, happy (mostly) baby girl
- My kitchen that, while small, serves me so well
- All of my books (Oh, how I love books!)
- The Internet and all of its capabilities of keeping in touch with family far and near
- Little M’s ExerSaucer and how it keeps her busy while I do housework
- New friends
- Old friends
- These lime cupcakes (Yes, I really am thankful for them. ;) )
See? Now, don’t you feel better? If that little exercise hasn’t lifted your spirits yet, then read these precious promises from your Creator, and apply them to yourself.
“Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.” (Psalm 55:22, New American Standard Bible)
“Casting all your anxiety upon Him; because He cares for you.: (1 Peter 5:7, New American Standard Bible)
“Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yolk upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yolk is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30, New American Standard Bible)
And then, of course, go gladly to your kitchen and bake some vegan lime cupcakes to enjoy and share with a friend!
Vegan Lime Cupcakes
- 2 cups unbleached white flour sifted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons EnerG baking powder or 1 teaspoon each of baking powder and baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup oil (I used sunflower)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 additional lime (optional, for glaze and garnish)
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar (optional, for glaze)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix first six dry ingredients together in mixing bowl. Separately, combine, lime juice, oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together and fill individual cupcake rounds in your pan about 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until your toothpick comes out clean.
- Optional: combine powdered sugar with juice of one lime to form sour glaze. Drizzle over cupcakes once they are cool, then shave lime zest over the top for garnish.