Vegan Frozen Mango Cream Pie
|Prep time||4 hours|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Freezable, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
- 3/4 cups coconut cream (the solid part in a can of full fat coconut milk, or use Trader Joe's coconut cream)
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple (I used canned)
- 6oz frozen chopped mango (or 1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons pure cane sugar (or agave nectar or other sweetener of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared graham cracker style pie crust
|Blend all ingredients (except the crust, obviously) in a strong blender (like Vitamix) until it is nice and creamy smooth.|
|Pour blender contents into a prepared graham cracker style 9 inch pie crust shell. You can use a vegan store bought variety, or make your own. I was lazy, so I used store-bought.|
|Put the pie in your freezer for about 4 hours, or until pie is essentially frozen solid. Allow pie to soften for about 10 minutes at room temperature before serving. If the pie has been in the freezer overnight, you may need to let it soften for more like 20-30 minutes before serving.|
- I used a store-bought variety graham cracker crust for this recipe. However, if you want to make this gluten-free, you could certainly use a gluten free crust as well. My mom makes a fabulous GF graham style crust that uses almonds. Or, if you really want to take this to the nutritional stratosphere, make a raw crust! Unfortunately, I don't have any GF or raw crust recipes to recommend at this very moment.
- This pie keeps for just a few days in the freezer. I would try to eat it within 3 days, as it has a tendency to get freezer-burned quite easily.