Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cook time||1 hour, 10 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 30 minutes|
|Meal type||Lunch, Main Dish|
|Misc||Pre-preparable, Serve Hot|
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium carrot (thinly sliced)
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 8oz whole white mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/3 cup your favorite vegan marinara
- 14oz extra firm tofu (crumbled)
- 9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 cups your favorite vegan (See note below.)
|Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.|
|Prepare your veggies for roasting by washing/slicing, then, combining your vegetables with the olive oil and salt. You can use any vegetables that you like. I use whatever is on hand--just enough to roast 2 pans, 1 layer thick.|
|Line your pans with non-stick liner or parchment paper. Arrange your veggie/oil/salt mixture on two large cookie sheet sized baking pans and bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Turn your oven down to 375 degrees F as soon as your veggies are done.|
|When your vegetables are finished, arrange your lasagna in an 8 X 11 baking dish as follows: |
1. Spread 2/3 cup marinara sauce on the bottom of the pan.
2. Place 3 oven-ready lasagna noodles (not boiled) side-by-side on top of the sauce.
3. Spread 1/2 cup of your vegan "cheese" sauce on top of the noodles.
4. Arrange half of your roasted vegetables evenly across the top of the noodles.
5. Crumble half of your block of tofu evenly across the top of your veggies.
6. Drizzle 3/4 cup of your vegan "cheese" sauce over everything.
7. Layer 3 more oven-ready lasagna noodles side-by-side.
8. Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce over your lasagna noodles.
9. Arrange the second half of your roasted vegetables evenly across everything. (Save a few veggies for the top of your lasagna.)
10. Crumble the other half of your tofu block.
11. Drizzle 1/2 cup of your vegan "cheese" sauce over the tofu.
12. Layer 3 more oven-ready lasagna noodles.
13. Drizzle the rest of your "cheese" sauce on top and garnish with a few more roasted vegetables on the top.
|Cover lasagna tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 50-55 minutes, or until lasagna noodles are fork tender.|
|Serve hot. :)|
1. About vegan "cheese" sauces. You are welcome to use your own favorite recipe for vegan cheese. I love this recipe made from potatoes and carrots. Or, if you're looking for a whiter sauce to resemble a mozzarella look for your lasagna, you can check out the recipe below.
2. Cover leftovers with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.