I just HAD to share one of my favorite vegan sandwich patties with you. This flavorful patty is not only stocked full of deliciousness, but it is very nutritious as well. Without further adeu…
Veggie Tofu Patties
- 2 pkgs extra firm tofu (mine were water-packed, 14 oz each)
- 1 large grated carrot
- 2/3 cup diced bell pepper (I used red and yellow)
- 2 Tbs soy sauce or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 3 Tbs McKay’s chicken seasoning (Found at most health food stores, but can be purchased online here.)
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- 2/3 cup vital wheat gluten
- dash of paprika
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash tofu with a fork or crumble with your fingers.
- Mix vegetables and seasoning with tofu.
- Add vital wheat gluten last, slowly sprinkling it in and mixing as you go. This will prevent the gluten flour from clumping together.
- Form into patties and place on lightly sprayed baking dish. Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden.
Final product shown here with homemade bread, homemade vegan mayo, lettuce, tomato, and yellow bell pepper=YUMMO!
And the aftermath…