It’s springtime, you guys!!
Well, sorta, anyway. Way up north, we still have plenty of snow–more than enough to try out our new cross country skis. We caught a fabulous end-of-season sale at a local ski shop and got a steal of a deal on new boots, skis, and poles for both of us. The snow is melting fast, and I’m almost sad about it, since we’ve had so much fun playing in it these last few days. Green grass? Flowers? What are those? Who needs ’em, anyway?
Here we are trying out our new skis last weekend.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- ½ cup carob chips (Chocolate works too.)
- ½ cup natural smooth peanut butter (plus 1 tablespoon, if needed for binding)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Use your hands to knead ingredients together for a minute or two--this step will help to bind the mixture together so you can form balls.
- Using your hands, form mixture into 2-tablespoon sized balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or eat immediately.
- Makes about 16 energy bites.