Today I have two special individuals to introduce you to.
Second, I want you to meet my husband and taste-tester and encourager and floor vacuumer and diaper changer and dish washer and, and, and…
I love him. SO. MUCH.
He is just the best–and every smart woman knows that ya can’t settle for less than the best when it comes to finding a husband. I’m so blessed. 🙂
When I’m getting ready to make my favorite sandwich for the best husband, this is what I do. I set out 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 2 tablespoons of vegan mayo, 1/2 of a ripe avocado, 6 very thin slices of green bell pepper, 6 very thin slices of red onion, and 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- First, I verrrrry lightly toast 2 slices of vegan whole wheat bread.
- Then, I spread about 1 tablespoon of vegan mayo (I use Nasoya’s Nayonaise most of the time.) on 1 slice of bread. Then I put a 2nd tablespoon on a 2nd slice of bread. I slice up half of an avocado and spread the slices on 1 slice of bread and sprinkle the avocado with salt.
- Next, I spread my favorite veggies over the avocado. This time I used sliced green bell pepper and red onion, but tomato and spinach work fabulously as well.
- Then, I slap the two slices of bread together and brush the backside of each slice with about 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Coconut oil works great too, if you have it. In fact, coconut oil is probably the best vegan oil for cooking with health-wise, or so I’m told.
- And then, this. This is what you will get when you turn a frying pan on medium to medium-high heat and cook each side of your sandwich for a minute or two, until your bread is turning a toasty golden-brown. I ate this sandwich with a couple of orange sections and called it lunch. Oh wait, wasn’t this sandwich supposed to be for my hubby? Woops.
Pssst! He gets these sandwiches all the time. Really, he didn’t mind that I ate this one. Actually, he was gone to class, so he didn’t really even know that I made this sandwich at all…until he saw the pictures. :/
And finally, some food for your thoughts from my new favorite book of James.
“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.” James 1:19-21, King James Version