It’s time for some vegetables.
Yes, those peanut butter cookie bars were good–too good, in fact–for my waistline.
Do you know what? I didn’t even think about or miss those peanut butter cookie bars while I was eating this. It was that good.
And I know I wasn’t just really hungry, because I ended up making these green beans again for supper.
All you’ll need is 8 ounces of frozen uncut green beans, peanut butter, soy sauce, cane sugar, garlic powder, and sliced almonds to sprinkle on top, if you want. That’s it!
Here’s how I did it:
- First, you need to head on over to HerbonHerbs for the measurements.
- I used frozen green beans, instead of canned. If you also use frozen green beans, you’ll want to cook your beans in a skillet on medium-high heat for a few minutes until beans are thawed and most of their juices are cooked off.
- Meanwhile, you’ll want to combine your soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and peanut butter in a small saucepan. Allow the sauce the boil for about one minute before stirring it into your green beans.
- Cook the whole thing together on medium-high heat for just a minute or two, when they look like the picture above.
- Serve hot by itself or on some brown rice. Garnish with sliced almonds.
I know you’re going to love this recipe.
Okay, on to some other exciting news….. (Not that Asian style green beans aren’t exciting, but, yeah….you get the point…)
I’m just going to spit it out: Vegan Yumminess now has its own YouTube channel!
Of course, we have only posted a wopping ONE video. (Ya gotta start somewhere, right?)
If you’re kind-hearted and interested in vegan cooking, go ahead and like and subscribe to our videos here. (Or, you can check out the post linked to our first video here.) We have a lot to learn about video shooting and editing, but we’re exciting about the way videos are going to enhance Vegan Yumminess in the long run. If you’re a YouTube guru and have some tips for newbies, we’d love to hear them.
Our long-term goal here at Vegan Yumminess is to have a video embedded into every recipe post. Yes, I know…that goal is verrrrry long-term. A girl can dream, right?